Lesson 12 あと数分早く起きていれば・・・
１a) If it weren't for this money, I wouldn't buy a new bicycle.
b) Without this money, I would't buy a new bicycle.
2 a) If he had been a little more careful, he wouldn't have lost his train pass.
b) With a little more care, he wouldn't have lost his train pass.
3 a) I am sorry that I cannot get the student discount.
b) I wish I could get the student discount.
4 a) It's time for you to start getting up by yourself every morning.
b) It's time you started getting up by yourself every morning.
1. If it had not been for the bus route, he would have had to live in the dormitory.
2. I wish I could stay in bed for another hour.
3. If he were to take this train, she might take it too.
4. He talks as if he knew everything about the train timetable.
1. If your school were closer to the bus stop, it would be [more] convenient.
2. If the train hadn't been late, the exam would have started on time.
3. In two hours, the national highway would have less traffic.
In two hours, the national highway would be [much] less crowded.
4. If I were you, I wouldn't have ridden a bicycle on such a snowy day.
（Crown English Writing New Edition. 三省堂 2013.3.25.6th ed. L12 p.35）